Monday, April 9, 2012

It's my favorite time of year at UCCS

Spring is absolutely my favorite time of year at UCCS. And, I'm not talking about the cold, icy wet Spring that comes and goes as it pleases here in Colorado, but the warm sunny days with cool breezes and cold nights. When the weather finally begins to turn as it is now, everything bursts to life. This is especially true at UCCS.

This time of year, the UCCS landscape blossoms with green grass, beautiful flowers and lots of lively activities. The first in a series of events that will be occurring on campus this spring is happening this Sunday, April 15th on the West Lawn: Family Day. This event meets the unique needs of nontraditional students. It has always been great fun. I hope to see you there!













--------------
BTW I am in love with the West Lawn.

Here is what it looked like when I first came to UCCS as an undergraduate:













And here it is in all it's beauty today:













It really is one of the best features of the UCCS campus. And, when I was an undergrad in English, it was one of my favorite spots to enjoy the warm spring weather and a good novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment